Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Conditioned Taste Aversion

There's this term that i learnt in Psychology called 'conditioned taste aversion' (signs of Psycho taking over my brain?). It happens when something you ate made you sick and you become revolted by the particular food. Which was what happened on Monday night. I had economy rice (from the china stall in the cafeteria) for lunch and by night time, the lunch threw a ruckus in my stomach.

Diarrhea + vomit reflex = sleepless night

Throughout the entire night, images of my lunch kept replaying in my head. The more i tried to not think of it, the more persistent the image was. And the more the image played out in my mind, the more i felt like vomiting. 5 times of diarrhea and countless times of vomit reflex without the stuff coming out is so not fun. The worst part was when my stomach muscles contracted so hard, trying to push out food from my esophagus but nothing came out.

Went to see a doctor the next morning and subsequently lost RM 40 from the recently received allowance, just for him to confirm that it was food poisoning. Bah. Missed Psycho class (which i didn't mind one bit) and ENL(Prof. Lim showed a slide show of his time in US ok!).

Now there's assignments and tests piling up like a mountain. Am starting to wonder if it was wise for me to sign up for the November SAT 2.

No comments: