Friday, October 24, 2008

Drained

Starting to feel physically and mentally drained from all the work that's slowly but surely piling up. It's like running a hurdle race where the hurdles seem to stretch on to infinitely. I just stumbled (and possibly toppled it in the process) my way across one hurdle today - the final Psycho class quiz.

The distance between each obstacle seem to grow shorter and shorter until there's barely time for me to catch my breath, much less prepare for them. In 5 days, there's going to finals..which at the moment, i'm ill prepared for. And halfway through finals, there's SAT 2. Yeah yeah, it'll be all play and no work once i'm back home. NOT. There's uni applications to fill in, essays that say "choose me! i'm suitable for your prestigious uni!" to concoct, recommendation letters to obtain, more confusing forms to fill in, transcripts to send, proof-reading and editing of the essays (reminds me of the good ol ed-board days), aliasing with Inti and MGS teachers/personel..Much of which, i'm still rather blur with. Sure, there has been much help from briefings, friends and online sources but still. After reading the walkthroughs and what-nots, i come out half as dazed as before. =S

The essays are what worry me the most. They all require me to write about how i'm supposed to be suitable for the uni, how i can contribute to the uni, how special and different i am from the pool of 30 000 + (super smart and accomplished) applicants and most improtantly the essays need to leap off the page. I kinda wish i had some amazingly spectacular life event akin to that of the main character in the movie, 21. Though i wouldn't wanna get beat up. Haha.

Seriously.

Do we all need to lead a double life counting cards (and win $$$ in Las Vegas) during the weekends and going to classes during the week, get caught and lose everything and get beat up just to impress the people scrutinizing our essays? I'm not so sure about what i have that can make a difference in those universities. My mediocre credentials are very unlikely to impress as compared to International Olympiad winners, world-class athletes..and all those ho-liau people out there. So, it has to be the stuff inside me. My ideals, my visions, my traits, my flairs...stuff (or fluff) that other people are missing. Which i'm not sure what those are. And which i have not had the time to think about. Yet.

Sigh.

Will go play Word Challenge for now.
And maybe think hapee thoughts.
Like haagen dazs.
And baby Ryan's birthday.
And seeing friends.
And glorious Penang food.

No comments: