Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Pig bread?!?

Remember the Food List that i had earlier? The one that had people saying i'd grow so fat in Penang that they won't be able to recognize me anymore back in Inti. -.-

If you look at number 16, it says roti babi. Some of you have never heard, much less savoured the dish before. I can only do as much to show you pictures. Come tantalize your taste buds in Penang. =P

This, my fellow readers, is what you call roti babi. Or pig bread if literally translated. Haha.
It's filling is made of shredded pork, onions and various other ingredients added which is then enclosed in deep-fried bread. Usually eaten with a dash of Worchesteshire sauce. =)

It's Hainanese cuisine, by the way.

And this is what a complete roti babi looks like.

Dad bought it from the coffee shop in Pulau Tikus. I think the shop is called Bee Hooi. I think. In my humble opinion, the above roti babi is passable but not that great. Not enough filling and the bread is a bit too thick. =P

With that, the food report has now come to an end. Thank you for reading this post.
Kindly click on other buttons if you wish to navigate elsewhere.

No comments: