Monday, March 31, 2008

=D

Today is a day that shall be written down in the history books alongside the day when a tsunami swept over the Malaysian political arena. However this historic day has nothing whatsoever to do with politics. It has to do with teeth. My teeth to be exact.

I am now officially braces free! =D =D =D =D =D
Yes, i will repeat just for the message to sink in.

I.

AM.

BRACES.

FREE.

I can now smile and flash my nice straight teeth everywhere i go. =D I can now eat chewing gum. (note that i have not been eating gum for 4 years! That was the one and only rule i stuck to.) I can smoothly run my tongue over my teeth without being obstructed by metal thingies. I will no longer have annoying pieces of food stuck in between the metal pieces when i eat. I will be able to brush my teeth with a normal toothbrush. In other words, i am liberated! Haha.

The removal of braces was done quite quickly actually.
Amazingly it's much simpler than putting it on. Dr Looi just cut the wires and then proceeded to yank the whole thing out. Do twice for the upper lip and lower lip, then Ta-da, it's hello teeth, goodbye braces! It's the cleaning up (removing the cement and polishing) that took longer.

Though my mouth does feel emptier without the metal pieces that i was so used to.

I managed to dig up a photo from a few years back of me when i first started wearing braces. Way back in form 2, me thinks.
Here, look :

I am the queen of posing. Not.

and here's another one

You can see clearly how bad my teeth were back then

I strongly do not encourage clicking to enlarge. Anyway, see how cute i was? Ahem, I still am cute now. Heh.

Right, that was before. Now this is after :

See?? No more metal. =D


I told you i'm still cute. Lalala....

Will be getting my retainer on wednesday, which also happens to be the date of chemistry lab trials. !!! Hope i don't mess anything up and my limewater MUST turn cloudy!

ps-my limewater test for carbon dioxide never worked till last week. I was ecstatic. XD

This font size function on blogger is cacat-ed. It shows normal when in composing mode but comes out smaller. Eh, i want it to be normal sized la.
To quote a certain someone, this is "Stooooopid".

No comments: