Sunday, March 30, 2008

I did it.

I DID IT!!!!!!!

What did i do, you ask?

Nope, i didn't complete all my Maths tutorial. Yet.

Nope, i didn't accomplish any studying throughout the weekend.

But instead, I. WENT. DRIVING.

Haha..I know, 'big deal'.

For those of you who have been driving since like months and months ago, it might be of no importance but you see, i have not sat in the driver's seat since i last passed my driving exam. Which was sometime back in December 2007. I don't drive cause i don't own a car an also cause my mum only allows me in her Vios as a passenger. Not more than that. I think she fears that i might ram her car into stuff. Hahaha..So you see, the only car i've ever driven is the kancil and the only occasion i got to drive was during practices and the exam. I'm not sure where that puts me, in terms of readiness to drive in real life.

Anyway, yesterday evening, my super nice brother in law who pities me took me driving around the Batu Maung area. =) I got to drive his Ford Focus. Considerably big car. For someone who has not touched the steering wheel in 3 months, the whole drive went alright. I mean i didn't hit any cars or inanimate objects right? =P Though i'm not sure what my instructor of the day thinks.

I must've been living in the Stone Age in terms of car..interior gadgets or whatever you call them. Yesterday, i was looking for the lever to move the car seat forwards but i didn't find it. Who knew the car was so canggih, everything is controlled just by tiny flicks of your hand. XD I was ooh-ing and aah-ing over lame stuff like electronically controlled switches for the side mirrors and car seat. I don't usually sit in ho-liau expensive cars like BMW or Audi that are mostly controlled by electronic devices ok.
Heheh.

So after i drove around Batu Maung, we decided to continue all the way to Balik Pulau since this born and bred in Penang girl has not been there before. XD The drive there was interesting..well,only until a certain point. The twisty, windy and narrow hill road gets boring after a while..It's not much fun looking at trees and more trees. Anyway, we got all the way to the heart of Balik Pulau which is the so called town centre to buy some laksa but alas, the laksa shops were all closed. Headed for home after that little journey.

(i think this is getting very long..you can stop if you want)

And then dinner was Japanese food. at Shin Ju Tei. Wheeeeeee! Did i mention i love salmon? No? Well I do. Oh oh, lunch was at Pasta Mania. For okay food and self service, it was a pretty expensive place to dine at.

Yes, i was supposed to talk about my KL food escapades but was too caught up with F1 fever that i forgot.

Do try eating Tony Roma's when in KL. The atmosphere is almost like TGIF but one thing Tony Roma's has that TGIF doesn't is very good service. The staff are super quick and efficient, unlike the more laid back people in Penang. XD no offense meant. The food was great, although i can't remember the name of the dish now. It was de-boned ribs topped with some sauce(which i can't remember also) with chips and salad.

Anyway, as i was saying about the service, these people seem to possess mind reading abilities (at least the guy who served us seemed to) or maybe they were just being very observant. As soon as we were done with food, he instantly came to clear the table. Reappeared again with toothpicks and sweets. Note here that my bro in law was just about to ask our waiter for some toothpicks. Right after that, he emerged with pre-packed hot towels. One by one, he tore open the packets and handed the towels to us. It actually caught all 5 of us byu surprise. Never in all my dining experiences have i come across such service. Hahahaha.

And there was a dim sum morning at a random dim sum shop in...Puchong, i think. For 3 plates of chee cheong fun, 4 bowls of broth and an assortment of dim sum dishes, the total amounted to only RM 45++. So one person actually pays only RM 9++. Now where can you get such reasonably priced dim sum in Penang? The food was quite good too. Though i kinda disliked the jasmine tea. The flowery smell was a bit too much.

In Berjaya Times Square(the place where the Ferrari cap was purchased), there was this food outlet called Gasoline. The place has this prehistoric theme but there was a sphinx statue somewhere, if i remember correctly. They partition the place into small (read : cramped) cubicles enclosed by gauze curtains all the while maintaining the theme. Also, you sit on cushions, like the Japanese do. They claim to serve more than 300 types of dishes ranging from local, western, japanese, portuguese and i can't remember the rest. Though it seems the shop is mostly frequented by teenagers and students. There were a fair share of err..lala people. Food was okay but i got cramps after sitting in the small cubicles.

Fine fine, i'll stop yakking now.
=)

No comments: