Friday, February 20, 2009

Oreo biscuits and sweets

Look who's in the news!

FOUR science stream students from Kolej Disted-Stamford have obtained five straight As in the international Cambridge A-Level examination which they sat in Nov.

The top achievers are Ng Yon Hon, Khor Suy Siong, Kiranjeet Kaur Harjit Singh and Yong Yun Xiu.

Ng, who also emerged the world top achiever for Advanced Subsidiary Mathematics, said he was overjoyed at his academic success.

“I did maths exercises regularly and practised answering the past years’ papers,” said Ng, who plans to study engineering in Singapore.

He also said he owed his success to his brother who was also a former A-Level student of the college.

“I received coaching in maths from my brother from time to time. He also motivated me to do well in my studies. I also feel great to have completed the A-Level programme in just one year,” he added.

Kiranjeet, who will be taking up medical studies, believes it pays to study hard.

“I also received constant encouragement from my parents,” said Kiranjeet whose father is a lawyer and mother a teacher.

Two A-Level arts students Chong Yee Lean and Wong Te Jie obtained 3As and 2As respectively.

They were among the 23 DISTED students who scored excellent results of 2As or more in the exa-mination.

Taken directly from thestar online, 20th February 2009.

My mummy!
Awwww.
I know Sneha's as proud of mummy as i am. =DD

Why you hide behind in the picture wan.
Show you pretty face ma.
Summore mummy giving out sound advice. So nenek kebayan-esque. XD
But that picture must have been quite a while ago.
A levels results out so long ade. -.-

Mummy's coming to KL real soon.
To study how to chop people up into pieces. =P
You can come visit me in Nilai sometime!
And bring me Oreo biscuits. And sweets.
Just like in Disted.
Heee.

No comments: