Saturday, January 26, 2008

Shock

IPOH: The driver of a double-decker express bus that saw three of its passengers killed in a crash near Slim River on Friday had 13 outstanding police summonses issued against him.

Records in www.myeg.com.my revealed that Ruslim Isa, 43, who was sent to the Teluk Intan Hospital for a broken right leg after the 5.55pm accident, had seven summonses issued against him for speeding, five for illegal overtaking and one for not using an overhead bridge.

The summonses, amounting to RM2,660, dated as far back as 2000.

The accident occurred at KM382 of the highway between Slim River and Behrang during a downpour.

Slim River deputy OCPD Deputy Supt Adzhar Othman said that blood samples taken from Ruslim would be sent to the Chemistry Department, while the remains of the bus would also be sent to Puspakom for analysis on Monday.

"At this point, we cannot yet ascertain the cause of the accident, whether or not it is due to human or technical error.

"Investigations are still ongoing," he said.

The crash, which had initially killed two passengers - Mohd Zailani Mustafa, 23, of Sungai Nibong, Bayan Lepas, Penang, and Lee Nian Ning, 21, of Taman Gelugor, Penang - claimed its third victim on Saturday.

-Extracted from www.thestar.com.my-

The news came so suddenly that i found it really hard to believe. Nian Ning, the pretty, young, talented and well respected senior of MGS passed away yesterday just like that. Though i might not have known her well, hearing that someone so young and capable is no longer here still shakes me to the core. I've always thought that she would become really successful in the future but i've never expected this to happen. It really goes to show that no one, absolutely no human on earth knows what the future holds.
I cannot bear to imagine what her close friends and family are feeling right now...
Eventhough you may not be here anymore but you will always be remembered by us juniors of MGS. Rest in peace, Nian Ning.

Heath Ledger.
Nian Ning.
Who next??
...You have this perception that you're still young and you have plenty of time to fool around, party and enjoy life. Death, to you is like such a distant thing. All you care about now is your earthly possessions, upcoming parties, love interests, social cliques, wealth, exams, ambitions....and everything else under the sun. You worry and worry about the future, plan and plan about becoming rich & successful, study hard and play harder....You're just contented living in what you think is a good and complete life but,

Is your life really complete?

Who knows if your life will be taken from you this very instant? Or the next hour? Or tomorrow??

Have YOU given the slightest thought about death? About what happens after dying?

Most importantly, Are YOU ready?

(the 'you' mentioned above is a general term, not aimed at anyone who reads this)

-----------------------------------

The ground of a certain rich man produced a good crop. He thought to himself, "What shall I do? I have no place to store my crops."

Then he said, "This is what I'll do. I will tear down my barns and build bigger ones, and there I will store all my grain and my goods.

And I'll say to myself,"You have plenty of good things laid up for many years. Take life easy; eat, drink and be merry."

But God said to him, "You fool! This very night your life will be demanded from you. Then who will get what you have prepared for yourself?"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am very happy to know that Ning left an impact on so many people's lives.

As her close friend, I am in disbelief and no words can express my grief.

I want to thank you on her behalf for paying your respect to her.