Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Away from home

It's the second week in Nilai now. Had my first class of the semester yesterday, CSC101 or in other words, Introduction to Computers and Information Processing..or something along those lines. Yeah, it might sound fancy pancy but actually it's just learning how to use Microsoft Office and that kinda basic stuff. Heh. We had to type a word document in the Mircrosoft Word 2007 (which we conveniently multi-tasked by going online) I can imagine CSC practical classes to be a lot of fun in the near future. Hahahaha.

I'm taking 7 classes in total.
The Computers thingy
Psychology
English
Calculus with Analaytical Geometry
TOEFL
SAT (M)
SAT (V)

Sadly, i'm not allowed to take econs for this sem cause Inti chooses our subjects for us JPA students according to our majors. Though i might be able to try econs in the next sem. I might also be exempted from LAN subjects so i'll have more free time in the next sem. =)

Oh oh, i just had SAT (M) class a while ago. For our very first lesson, we learnt addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. HAHAHAHAHAHA.
Here's an example of our exercise :-

What is the product of 0.567 and 4.231?

Serious. I'm not joking.
It's more of a pressing calculator accuracy class. HAHA. Pardon my use of the term 'pressing calculator'. It sounds so wrong..and so Malaysian. Not that i'm against our Malaysian English, just that now I'm supposed to start using American English. XD
Sidewalk instead of pavement
Pants instead of trousers
Flat instead of puncture
'o' instead of 'ou' as in color and not colour
Anyway, the internet connection is still not functioning in our hostel blocks. There's still not much opportunity to go online..except when there's free time between classes. Though seeing as how the studying sickness has already infected so many students, i'll be joining their ranks in no time at all. I'm planning to take TOEFL in August, when i come back to Penang for a break. And i also have a mock SAT test before our one week break in August. Which is another reason for me to start revising real soon. On top of all that, i need to also do research on unis and the details required for application. I'm not too keen on applying to Ivies actually, but it's just for the sake of trying. I'd rather do 2 years in Inti and transferring to a better uni which suits my major.

By the way, the people here are really fond of using acronyms.

UPO
GO
AO
SAO
OAR
FOLA
FAS
........and so on.
You want to know what it means, ask me. =P

ps- why has nobody called me yet huh(with the exception of family)? Don't miss my voice ah? Hmph. I'm hurt.
=P

pps- Acts Acts Acts!!!!!!! *grins*

No comments: