Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Practice

Despite assignments surely but slowly piling up, I shall not be querulous and try to be as assiduous as possible. I must be indefatigable! I must not be frivolous! Two researches to be carried out and reported on; one for ENL and the other for Psycho, to be more adept at vocabulary and essay writing for upcoming mock SAT test, various class tutorials to complete, Psycho short quiz to prepare for(!!!).

Being a JPA scholar makes it that much tougher. Everyone is just as good, if not better than I am. Being in constant close proximity to fellow JPA scholars makes me feel diffidently about my abilites. Oftentimes, i ponder the very reason for my being here. I am not so much sagacious in my ways. Neither am i much of a math whiz nor a profound philosopher. I prefer to think of this scholarship as a blessing.

Am trying to live up to the standards of THE venerable ENL professor.
Indeed, it is a colossal task. One that requires mental agility, English competency and an acute sense of observation. So far, he has not derided my performance in class. Instead, he has been dishing out strings of 'excellent's. I said SO FAR. Sometimes, i walk into his classes with apprehension; pondering if my latest assignment would be methodically torn asunder. Other times, i face each lesson with a sanguine dispossition.

This cloying use of SAT vocabulary is a tad bit very annoying.

There you go, Jas. A short story in which i used some of the words i learnt. =P
Pardon the verbosity.

No comments: